John Curry, D.C., M.S., ICCSP, FIAMA, GTS
Dr. Curry was born in Springfield IL. Dr. Curry has always had a passion for helping people in his community. It was this passion that led him into the healthcare field, where he spent 6 years working as a pharmacy technician. Dr. Curry pursued his education in hopes of becoming a pharmacist, but realized the dependence on prescription medication. Dr. Curry’s grandfather was a long time user of chiropractic and had chronic low back pain. It was his grandpa that led him to pursue a career in chiropractic. After shadowing someone in this profession, it was clear to him that chiropractic was what he wanted to do.
Dr. Curry utilizes a variety of techniques when treating patients including: Diversified, Thompson drop, Cox Flexion/Distraction, soft tissue techniques, and instrumented assisted Activator technique. Dr. Curry utilizes therapies and rehab to enhance patient outcomes and prevent further flare-ups. Dr. Curry is a big proponent of nutrition and dietary education to help patients achieve maximum wellness.
In his free time away from the office, you can find doc enjoying a swim or walking his dog Lulu. Doc enjoys the outdoors and spends his time hiking, camping, and fishing. Doc participates in his local church and is the pianist/vocalist at services. Dr. Curry is the head coach for Sacred Heart Griffin Boy's swim team. Dr. Curry is also an adjunct Anatomy and Physiology Instructor at Heartland Community College. Dr. Curry enjoys practicing near his hometown and helping patients get out of pain and live more natural healthy lives.
- Graduate of Sacred Heart Griffin High School in May 2007
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in May 2011, with a minor in chemistry and music
- Doctor of Chiropractic from Logan University in December 2014
- Masters of Science in Sports Science and Rehabilitation August 2015
- State of Illinois and Oregon Licensed Chiropractic Physician
- Member of Illinois Chiropractic Society
- Member of Logan College of Chiropractic Alumni Association
- Member of American Chiropractic Association
- Certification in Acupuncture from Logan University in December 2014
- Rocktape Fascial Movement Taping certified
- Activator Methods Basic Proficiency Rated
- Active Release Technique certified spine
- Graston Technique Specialist® certified
- Cox® Flexion/Distraction certified doctor (www.coxtechnic.com)
- NRCME Certified Medical Examiner #6290768467
- Certified DOT drug collector and Breath Alcohol Technician
- International Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician from the International Federation of Sports Chiropractic (FICS)
- Fellow of the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture (FIAMA) www.iama.edu