Nutritional Counseling at Curry Chiropractic
Nutritional therapy involves looking at the person as a whole and evaluating their conditions and diseases. As healthcare physicians, we see the person as a whole body, and not just a diagnosis. We encourage our patients to consume a full balanced diet. When that is not obtainable, or they have a condition that prevents that we look at supplementing their lifestyle with whole food nutrition.
Most imbalances stem from:
- Pharmaceutical medications and birth control
- Over the counter medications
- Synthetic supplements (over the counter or prescription)
- Improper diet which may consist of the following:
- Processed foods
- Refined sugars
- Artificial sweeteners, diet sodas, and other sweeteners
- Soy proteins and oils (edamame, soy crisps, soy milk/yogurt, soy sauce, tofu, miso, tempeh, etc.)
- Refined carbohydrates such as wheat (breads, bagels, pasta, etc.)
- Unhealthy fats and hydrogenated oils such as corn oil, soybean oil, canola oil (rapeseed), and margarine
- Strict vegetarianism and other exclusive diets that fail to provide us with the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that we need
- Poor soil quality that our foods are grown in
- Toxic metals from the environment such as pesticides, herbicides, local refineries, water treatment facilities, pollution, aluminum cookware and aluminum cans
- Stress, high cortisol, and improper stress response
When recommending supplementation for treatment, we primarily will use Standard Process Whole Food Nutritional Supplements. We have visited the farming and manufacturing facilities of Standard Process several times to confirm that their crops are organically grown and to determine the company's commitment to the harvesting and production process. We hold the same criteria for quality for the herbs and other supplements that are prescribed in our office as well when not using Standard Process.
Founded in 1929 by Dr. Royal Lee, Standard Process has been a leader in the field of natural, whole food supplements for many decades. They are one of the few supplement companies who have their own truly organic farm. Using these organic farming methods, they harvest many of the ingredients for their formulas at their farm in Palmyra, WI. They have ZERO tolerance for genetic modification and use certified organic seeds or seeds harvested from their own organic crops whenever possible. This truly guarantees they have the highest quality ingredients from seed to supplement and ensures that Standard Process provides the highest quality whole-food supplements available.